precursor for dopamine and thyroid hormone

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 3 2010 | Verified Purchase

Dopamine is responsible for the feeling of well-being and prevention of depression. As there are no drugs available to boost this neurotransitor for non-Parkinson's patients, tyrosine is the only substance available to take to boost these levels. (and the n-acetyl form has shown to be most effective). Most commonly depression is related to a serotonin deficiency, but the second most common neurotransmitter assisting depression is dopamine. If 5HTP doesn't help (to raise serotonin levels) then the logic next step is to try tyrosine. It's best taken on an empty stomach. It's good to boost thyroid hormone in patients with hypothyroid as well.

N-Acetyl Tyrosine over L-Tyrosine

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18 2008 | Verified Purchase

This type of Tyrosine is ideal for anyone wanting optimal benefit. The N-Acetyl Tyrosine is soluble in water unlike the L-Tyrosine. Also the dosing is much smaller considering the absorption is greater. I liked that Jarrow put Vitamin B6 in it because that vitamin is needed for Tyrosine's conversion to certain neurotransmitters. I recommend this whether you take it in capsule form or open up the capsules and take it as a powder. Any N-Acetyl Tyrosine is worth the extra cost compared to the L-Tyrosine in my opinion.

Good stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 15 2010 | Verified Purchase

Shortly after taking it feel slightly more motivated and interested in life in general.

Works perfectly

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 23 2009 | Verified Purchase

This version of Tyrosine works much better than regular Tyrosine I've tried. I highly recommend this product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 2 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism and this product has changed my life. i have been taking it for a year and a half. i no longer have brain fog, exhaustion, hair falling out, weight gain (i have actually lost), dry skin, freezing in the winter, feeling sick in the summer from heat. all my symptoms are 95% better. this is the product to get for these symptoms.

Helps with Brain Fog

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 26 2010 | Verified Purchase

Not sure if it's the T4 thyroid boosting or the Dopamine/NE boosting or some other third thing. This has helped my brain fog and works almost immediately.

Mixed results

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 14 2009 | Verified Purchase

Got this for a subpar thyroid. Either I'm sensitive or this product is Very effective. DID get a great energized feeling, very alert, but not buzzy. However that was followed by a crashing headache. Tried taking only one-half capsule: energy plus headache again. So, 5 stars because product does what it's supposed to, but for me a bit strong.

More Powerful than Regular Tyrosine, Sometimes Too Much

Posted by wholefoods on August 15 2012 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product after having used Jarrow Formulas regular L-Tyrosine. I noticed a significant difference when using this product compared to the original. This product produces a much stronger effect and it sometimes felt a bit unpleasant, like I was a bit wired. I will probably use the rest of this bottle and switch back to the regular L-Tyrosine in the future.

350mg of... Nothing

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on October 25 2013 | Verified Purchase

I definitely notice when I take the L form, even on it's own - when I took this, nothing. Tried again (at different times) - more nothings. I notice some of the good reviews mention it's taken along with other things - perhaps that's the secret. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Strong Tyrosine

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16 2008 | Verified Purchase

These tablets are a fast and strong acting form of Tyrosine. Tyrosine has been tests in areas of schtozophrenia and found to be completly safe. I use it to combat my side effects from Aripiprizole with a small dose of 5 HTP it lets me feel more active for sports and life.